UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Dec 2006, 5:12 pm   #1
Chrisw
Triode

Default Grundig Yacht Boy 210; poor performance.

Ive just got hold of one of these fantastic looking sets and though not working when received I have got it working ok but with one problem. FM reception is perfect but AM lacks the "Edge". What I mean is that even though it picks up local strong stations ok when tuned to a dead bit of air there is not the usual hiss, pop and general back ground noise you get on AM receivers. OK logically its sensitivity that is lacking but before I pull it apart again does anyone have any ideas or is this a known problem on the era of Grundigs...Thanks

Last edited by Darren-UK; 15th Jul 2011 at 1:57 pm.
Old 30th Dec 2006, 8:49 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Grundig Yacht Boy 210

Paul Stenning has manufacturer's service data: http://www.service-data.com/email/list/grundig.htm

These are fine radios and work well on all bands. The first place to look would be the wavechange switch contacts which may have oxidised if the set was left on FM all the time. Give it a shot of Servisol and see what happens.

Paul
Old 6th Jan 2007, 8:54 pm   #3
Chrisw
Triode

Default Re: Grundig Yacht Boy 210

Thanks Paul. I gave the thing a good going over and found a dry joint in the region of TR3 and the VHF switch on the PCB, I cant narrow it down any further as I run a iron over the entirte PCB in the end . All is now well and its working as it should. Cheers.
Closed Thread