UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Dec 2016, 6:35 pm   #1
pudwink
Pentode

Default Sony Betamax SL-C6UB help please

Hi all
I brought myself this Betamax a few years ago. When I tried it out I got no picture. After googling around I found out about the dodgy capacitors, and after changing them I had a picture. It would go in and out a bit, but I could watch the few tapes I had.
Then it has been stood a while. I plugged it in again the other day. It started to lose the picture again, so I took it apart and saw that I had not replaced C7 or C8 on the SS9 board. I have done this today, problem now is although I get a picture it is full of interference and it sounds like it is playing too fast.
Any ideas would be much welcome.
Old 9th Dec 2016, 8:11 pm   #2
Freya
Octode

Default Re: Sony Betamax SL-C6UB help please

Are you sure you put the correct values in, they have to be fairly good quality if they are 0.33, 0.22 etc.
Assuming these are ok then you might try adjusting RV001 on the servo board. You need to adjust until you read 5.5 +/- 0.3 V on test point TP5.
Old 9th Dec 2016, 8:47 pm   #3
pudwink
Pentode

To be honest I am a novice to this I took the board into a place in the town and asked for two capacitors that were a direct replacement for what was there they were only 30p each any chance you have a diagram locating the test point and adjustment as I could not seem to find them.
many thanks
Old 9th Dec 2016, 9:11 pm   #4
Freya
Octode

It should be marked on the board, I don't have the manual to hand, sorry.
Old 10th Dec 2016, 12:12 am   #5
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Here's the service manual:
http://freeservicemanuals.info/en/se...ERATIONMANUAL/

Make sure you have the correct capacitors in and try adjusting the servo board.

Fivos
Closed Thread