UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Dec 2016, 10:52 am   #1
Nic-15fl
Hexode

Default Beovision MX7000. Black screen problem on AV ports.

This is confusing is I have used these Scart connectors for years on another TV of mine and it showed pictures fine, but the weird problem is there is sound on the selected AV port but no picture, any clue of why?

Last edited by Nic-15fl; 2nd Dec 2016 at 11:04 am.
Old 2nd Dec 2016, 11:19 am   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Beovision MX7000. Black screen problem on AV ports.

Could it be that the telly is expecting an RGB signal but you're feeding it a composite video one, or something like that?
Old 2nd Dec 2016, 11:33 am   #3
GeoffK
Heptode

Some SCART cables only have partial connections, you may need a fully wired one, as Nick says it could need RGB. Is there a menu that can switch to composite.
Old 2nd Dec 2016, 12:13 pm   #4
Nic-15fl
Hexode

Its a direct scart to scart connection, hmm, maybe i should try the rgb option on my tv box for the tv insted
Old 5th Dec 2016, 9:51 pm   #5
ntscuser
Hexode

Nine times out of ten when we were doing public demonstrations it was because the Scart plug wasn't fully inserted on one side. The salesmen periodically did this ritual dance where they would wander behind a line of sets and whack each Scart plug in turn just to be sure.
Old 5th Dec 2016, 11:24 pm   #6
Vauxfan2k
Hexode

Unscrew the cable shield and open the plug of the scart cable, just because all the pins are there doesn't mean there's wires going to them all. I have a tv that only accepts a fully wired cable,which is thicker and heavier than the cheaper ones.
Closed Thread