UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Apr 2019, 8:27 am   #21
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Re: Decca CTV 25 (Battersea Chassis)

These were very nice but rare receivers. J.
Old 3rd May 2019, 8:41 pm   #22
davidh1041
Pentode

Default Re: Decca CTV 25 (Battersea Chassis)

Well much improved picture now, the main problem was an open circuit track back ground control. The next problem this set is giving me is the Ref oscillator. Running it from colour bar generator, Goodman’s freeview box or DVD player and the colour lock is fine. Using it with a Panasonic DVD/VHS recorder with built in freeveiw and the Ref oscillator has to be adjusted, it then locks fine but is off frequency with all my other signal sources. It seems that the Panasonic is slightly off frequency. My BRC 2000 and other sets mange to pull in. I have peaked the burst to 30v p-p as per the manual and still the Decca needs a tweak to get it to lock to the Panasonic, very strange.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1671.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	182394   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1672.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	182395   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1673.jpg
Views:	116