UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Mar 2017, 12:59 pm   #1
Oldelectronics
Heptode

Default Bush A.C type 2

Hi has anyone done any work on an AC 2 I like Bush sets and have done several 1950 onward sets the usual ie AC11 AC31, Ac34 and really enjoyed working on them but would like to try a slightly older set. I was wondering about the 1947 A.C.2 and valve availability etc (Valves – CCH35 – EF39 – EBC33
CL33 – CY31) I cant seem to find much on these sets when doing a search?

Cheers

Kev
Old 21st Mar 2017, 1:13 pm   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush A.C type 2

I don't think those valves are particularly difficult to find, though unless they're missing you're unlikely to need to.

The set itself is live chassis with an autotransformer taking the place of the ballast resistor in the DAC2. It has a gram input which is somewhat dubiously isolated from the chassis (there are resistors as well as capacitors in the connections) so take care if you plan to feed any audio into the set!

Otherwise it's pretty much a bog standard 4+R superhet. Manufacturer's info is available "up top" if you haven't already got it.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 21st Mar 2017, 6:34 pm   #3
Oldelectronics
Heptode

Default Re: Bush A.C type 2

Thanks Chris much appreciated for that especially the bit about the auto transformer.

regards

Kev
Closed Thread