UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Jan 2015, 11:40 pm   #1
Stefang7spg
Retired Dormant Member

Default PW or WW Top band Tx

PW or WW Top band Tx
I am trying to find an article from the early 70's published in practical wireless or wireless world? It seem to remember it used an AUY10 osc & 2N1907 pa both TO3 pnp germanium, I seem to remember that the mag cover showed the dash of a car with it fitted? if anyone can remember when & where it was published please let me know. I built one at the time and it worked a treat the main problem at the time was the 2N1907 i have just found a couple of them and would like to build another.
Old 17th Jan 2015, 10:20 am   #2
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: PW or WW Top band Tx

Hi there was an earlier PW top band TX in the late 50's. This was valved and a cover feature so that may lead to some confusion if you are looking for a transistorised version.
I believe there are some sites with PW and WW indexes on the web (by people who sell the mags), these may helpful if you can locate them.

Ed
Old 13th Mar 2015, 8:39 pm   #3
FRAGARIA
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: PW or WW Top band Tx

I too built this top band Tx as a project when I was at college in about 1970. Recently I found the Tx in the attic and, having replaced the AUY10 oscillator transistor, managed to get it working again. I have managed to draw up a circuit diagram but I would also be delighted if only I could find the original article on its construction which I believe appeared in Practical Wireless in the late 60's. Can anybody please help? I would add that the transistors can still be obtained in the internet (especially from the U.S.), but I have discovered that some 2N1907s seem to have deteriorated and failed after a long shelf life. I believe the 2N1908 can be used as a substitute.
Closed Thread