UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Oct 2004, 1:11 pm   #1
mickjjo
Rest in Peace

Default Bush DAC10 speaker

Having just read the latest issue of "Radio Bygones" and Tony Thompsons' fine article about the restoration of the DAC10, I was reminded by the current discussions on Philips "Disc Jockey" record players elsewhere on this forum, that the loudspeaker fitted in the lid of the "Disc Jockey Major" is of the same "inside out" construction as the one in the DAC10. I found that these speakers are interchangeable, and since there seem to be plenty of tatty "Disc Jockey Majors" about, I hope this is a useful tip to share.

Regards, Mick.

Last edited by Paul Stenning; 27th Dec 2004 at 12:02 pm. Reason: Fix link or code for vBulletin
Old 8th Oct 2004, 2:31 pm   #2
quantum
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Bush DAC10 speaker

You sometimes find these type of speakers in old tape recorders as well. I have a 6in round unit made by Elac which came from a player, but I cannot remember the make.

Last edited by Paul Stenning; 27th Dec 2004 at 12:02 pm. Reason: Fix link or code for vBulletin
Old 8th Oct 2004, 4:36 pm   #3
Aerodyne
Octode

Hi Mick
Thanks for the vote of confidence re the article! Your tip about Disc Jockeys is a very useful one, and really something I should have known, having worked on many 'Disc Jockeys' back in the late 50's and early 60s.
Regards to all
Tony
Old 30th Nov 2004, 7:52 pm   #4
telstar
Octode

Hi. Having read about sources for replacement loudspeakers for the Bush DAC10 radio, I managed to obtain a pair that were formerly used in a car radio system. I was informed that these were once utilised in Austin motor cars.
Best regards
Mike
Closed Thread