UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Sep 2005, 9:01 am   #1
kingubito
Retired Dormant Member

Default STUDER A62 Dummy plug

Hi there

Does anyone know how to make up a dummy plug for a late 60's studer A62, this is necessary to allow the machine to function independent of a remote control. The earlier versions shorted pins 3 and 4 but for models with seperate reproduction and record boards this was changed. I have a manual but it's prior to these modifications. I did try by tracing wires to short out what i thought were the releveant pins and blew up one of the logic boards.. luckily I had a spare.
If anyone knows anyone who might know? I'd be very gratefull

anthony
Old 19th Nov 2005, 2:02 pm   #2
StuderA
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: STUDER A62 Dummy plug

Hello, We have Studer A62 1967, Model number 618. Our dummy plug is wired 3 &4 shorted, also 10 & 1 & 2 shorted together. Hope this is useful.
P.s. what does fuse F6 do? Where can we get spare pressure wheel rubbers from as it appears to be dragging the tape slightly low onto pulley betwen the capstan and take up spool.
Closed Thread