UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 12th Sep 2007, 1:00 pm   #1
newlite4
Octode

Default Luton area - car boots?

I am up in Luton with my brother and sister-in-law this weekend and just wondered if anyone knows of any local Sunday car boot sales in the area, ideally any near to Stopsley/Wigmore Lane/Ashcroft areas.
Thanks, Neil
Old 12th Sep 2007, 3:24 pm   #2
Tom_I
Heptode

Default Re: Luton area - car boots?

Personally, I don't know of any regular ones in Luton, but that's not to say that there aren't any.

One of the biggest ones around is at Birchwood Sports Centre, Hatfield. That's behind the Tesco supermarket just off the roundabout where the A414 meets Junction 4 of the A1M. Sundays 12-4 until the end of October. It's about 10 miles from Luton. There's also one in Stevenage, about the same distance away, but I've not been to that one. For more details, check out the link.

http://www.countrysidepromotions.co.uk/

Tom
Old 12th Sep 2007, 4:27 pm   #3
newlite4
Octode

Thanks Tom, that is a useful site for anyone in the area. Years ago we used to have an indoor car boot here in Bath on a Thursday evening, a very pleasant experience.
Neil
Old 12th Sep 2007, 5:54 pm   #4
Sean Williams
Dekatron

I wouldnt really bother with any boot sales in Stevenage - been going for years, and have not found anything interesting....
Old 13th Sep 2007, 7:41 am   #5
Dr-Watts
Heptode

If you'd like to make the 15 - 20 mile trip, there's a massive one at Milton Keynes Bowl every Sunday, and then there's the Super Sausage car boot just off the A5 nr Towcester...

Dr Dave
Old 13th Sep 2007, 9:47 pm   #6
Ian B
Hexode

Another possibility could be the Stondon car boot. It's just outside Stondon on the Road from Shillington. Opens at 10am, the sellers aren't allowed to unpack before then, so no need to get there at the crack of dawn! Entry/car parking is 50p IIRC. I go occasionally, I've never bought a radio there, but I have found some useful bits.

Ian Blackbourn
Old 14th Sep 2007, 9:18 am   #7
newlite4
Octode

Thanks for your help everyone, it is much appreciated. I will not have use of the car once I am there, and will not have space to take the folding bike with me so I will see if there are any small local sales/fairs taking place that I can walk to. At least I can get a taste of "Harpendenshire" two weeks before the event.
Mods, this thread can be closed now if you like.
Thanks, Neil