UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 17th May 2013, 11:23 am   #1
Gulliver
Hexode

Default BBC micro emulator with tape load facility

Hi guys,

One of the vintage computers I don't own is the BBC Micro. A friend has two but neither are connected to anything at the moment.

I happen to work in a school and have located some old Science education packs in a dusty cupboard with cassettes that contain educational programs for the BBC model B. Is there an emulator for PC that can load the tapes?
Old 17th May 2013, 12:13 pm   #2
arjoll
Dekatron

Default Re: BBC micro emulator with tape load facility

A quick search found this - click on the "converting software from cassette" link.
Old 17th May 2013, 2:36 pm   #3
Dave Moll
Dekatron

I had a look at this - being inerested in BBC Micro stuff. It claims that there are two programs (both of which have DOS and Windows versions):
MAKEUEF - to convert a tape played into the sound card to a tape image file
FREEUEF - to convert such an image back into sound for the sound card output to play into a tape recorder.

Unfortunately, the web page to which one is directed (or rather the TOOLS subpage, rather than the home page as stated) only contains the latter - redirecting to the Acorn Preservation Project (at www.acornpreservation.org) for the former. My computer seems unable to follow that link.
Old 18th May 2013, 5:03 am   #4
arjoll
Dekatron

True - I hadn't followed the links, something to do with not having a BBC yet (it, along with a Spectrum 48k, are the two major items on my wish list).

I did some more searching and found this which may or may not be useful.
Closed Thread