UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Jul 2007, 10:17 am   #21
igranic
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Who else is braving the weather for Sambrook?

I didn't experience any serious weather on the journey either to or from Sambrook, and the showers during the event were nothing worse than we have come to expect at our annual village fete, so it was a pity there was not a bigger turnout.

It was my first visit to Sambrook: a charming place, nice venue, good and reasonably priced refreshments, and many familiar faces, but I somehow managed to miss several prominent forum members that I either saw in the distance or had been told were there. I came away with a bagful of very reasonably priced parts from the various stall-holders including several items from Sean's rummage-box of terminally mildewed but otherwise perfect new valves.

There were about 200 lots of interesting stuff in the auction but the only item to really tempt me was the AVO Type 2 AM/FM Signal Generator. It was almost at the end of the list and wishing to avoid the usual Sunday evening motorway traffic jams I left early. Can anyone tell me for how much it was sold?

As it was, the M6 came to a total halt at the Walsall junction, so I took an interesting diversion around Birmingham via the Sutton Coldfield transmitter site, and arrived home in time for tea and cakes, A satisfying end to a really nice day out.
Old 23rd Jul 2007, 2:56 pm   #22
ALANS ANITAS
Rest in Peace

I prefer the Radiophile auctions at Shifnal. Bigger Hall, outstanding parking, and the RAF museum is only a couple of miles away (or one station down the line0.

ALAN
Old 25th Jul 2007, 8:08 pm   #23
Neil F
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by igranic View Post
I

There were about 200 lots of interesting stuff in the auction but the only item to really tempt me was the AVO Type 2 AM/FM Signal Generator. It was almost at the end of the list and wishing to avoid the usual Sunday evening motorway traffic jams I left early. Can anyone tell me for how much it was sold?
If I recall correctly, around £35. I resisted the temptation, even though at that price it was a steal.
Old 26th Jul 2007, 8:11 am   #24
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Hmmm ... certainly was! A totally different animal from the small Avo sig gens. It's as well that we did not stay; I've too much test equipment as it is!

Wonder what time the auction actually started and finished and when we could view it? We started to have a look at the items in the quite spacious saleroom, but were summarily shooed out.