UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Mar 2021, 12:46 am   #1
Manx Nick
Pentode

Default Tricity bendix dishwasher from 1976

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my joy in fixing an original tricity bendix dishwasher from 1976.

We were given this before Christmas and this week as we are locked down again on the Isle of man, I thought I'd try to get it working.

It's such a nice looking appliance, much better than anything today. In our 70's kitchen it looks great.

I replaced the capacitor as it still has its original, and I had to clear it the waste water pump, as a small ball of gaffer tape had Jammed the impeller.

Tested and run through a complete wash, I'd say its worrying as it should, noisy, takes ages and uses a lot of power and water. All about the 70's!
Old 4th Mar 2021, 2:22 am   #2
Manx Nick
Pentode

Default Re: Tricity bendix dishwasher from 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx Nick View Post
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my joy in fixing an original tricity bendix dishwasher from 1976.

We were given this before Christmas and this week as we are locked down again on the Isle of man, I thought I'd try to get it working.

It's such a nice looking appliance, much better than anything today. In our 70's kitchen it looks great.

I replaced the capacitor as it still has its original, and I had to clear it the waste water pump, as a small ball of gaffer tape had Jammed the impeller.

Tested and run through a complete wash, I'd say its worrying as it should, noisy, takes ages and uses a lot of power and water. All about the 70's!
Photo and advert.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210303_193019.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	228220   Click image for larger version

Name:	seamusuk++6-11-2011-13-20-8.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	228221  
Old 4th Mar 2021, 9:57 am   #3
chriswood1900
Octode

Be interesting to know who made it we had a Hotpoint in the early 80s and it turned out to be made for them by Bosch. Dishwashers were not very common in 1970s Britain and quite a few companies bought them in with their branding added.
Old 8th Mar 2021, 7:24 pm   #4
McMurdo
Dekatron

at the bottom of the brochure it says 'Made in France' if that's a clue