UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Feb 2021, 1:58 pm   #1
Humber888
Heptode

Default In-Line Lamp Dimmer for Filament Lamps FOC

For just the cost of postage or free for collection if this is any use to anyone. I bought this to dim a low voltage halogen lamp but was sent the wrong type and so it was never used. This dimmer is meant for use with 20-100W conventional 230V mains lamps and comes with 2-pin euro connectors for input and output which can be snipped off to replace with UK connectors if desired. Control is by the switched rotary knob. I will run a hat in the unlikely situation of more than one person being interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7212.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	227276  
Old 21st Feb 2021, 3:33 pm   #2
Leon Crampin
Octode

Default Re: In-Line Lamp Dimmer for Filament Lamps FOC

I use a similar dimmer to run a 110V Antex soldering iron (scrapped at work) from the mains. It works a treat and provides adjustable temperature - if you're careful. A true RMS meter is handy for setting it.

Leon.
Old 22nd Feb 2021, 8:11 pm   #3
Glowing Bits!
Heptode

If this is a standard triac driven unit, I may be able to make use of it for mains LED rope light dimming, my plug in unit has started going iffy.
Old 23rd Feb 2021, 2:00 pm   #4
Humber888
Heptode

Rick, I have not taken the unit apart and only tested it when I first got it, purely to prove that it was for normal 230V filament lamps, rather than low voltage halogen. So, it would seem very likely to be a triac dimmer. If you do want it, a quick weighing indicates a padded bag would be under 300g and less than 3.50 Royal Mail 2nd class. If you wish to proceed, let me know your details in a PM. I can take PayPal F&F if that suits you.

Regards.

Mike
Old 23rd Feb 2021, 5:57 pm   #5
Glowing Bits!
Heptode

Sending a PM.
Old 25th Feb 2021, 9:47 am   #6
Humber888
Heptode

Now posted so thread can be closed.