UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Jul 2006, 9:21 am   #21
DoctorWho
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Parts & Advice Request For Ekco TSC48

Well the set is now finished and fully working. It gives a superb picture and sound and the radio is also very good.

One small issue is that if you switch from radio to TV when switched on it can blow the UU8 rectifier. I was warned that the UU8 is a tempremental valve and I wondered if anyone can suggest making up an adapter and using an alternative valve to replace it with without having to modify the set in any way. There is plenty of space inside the set, so having an adaptor is not a problem.

I've taken to not switching from radio to TV whilst on, but both work very well indeed. The CRT had to be replaced and the audio output transformer was open circuit. A few other bodges from years back needed to be put right, but now the set operates very well indeed. All in all a very pleasing result. The condition of this set amazes me, it's so good, it does not look to have been badly treated at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ekco TSC48 Mirror Lid TV Set Pic 3.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	4563   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ekco TSC48 Mirror Lid TV Set Pic 15.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	4564   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ekco TSC48 Mirror Lid TV Set Pic 14.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	4565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ekco TSC48 Mirror Lid TV Set Pic 13.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	4566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ekco TSC48 Mirror Lid TV Set Pic 4.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	4567  

Old 16th Jul 2006, 9:50 am   #22
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Parts & Advice Request For Ekco TSC48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWho
One small issue is that if you switch from radio to TV when switched on it can blow the UU8 rectifier. I was warned that the UU8 is a tempremental valve and I wondered if anyone can suggest making up an adapter and using an alternative valve to replace it with without having to modify the set in any way.
The simplest method would be to mount silicon rectifiers and surge limiting resistors on an old valve base. Totally reversible modification as it simply plugs in.
Closed Thread