UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Dec 2005, 10:05 pm   #1
Steve_P
Dekatron

Default Bush TV125 LOPT

In 1980, after fighting my Dad on all counts, 3 old TV sets went into storage at my gran's house. One was a TV125 that had been in the family since it was born. My dad even carried it outside one day for me to take apart, but I simply took it back inside.

15 years later, the sets all came out of storage again, and something odd happened. The LOPT which had died, now worked!!!

Any ideas!!!!
Old 20th Jun 2006, 11:26 pm   #2
Focus Diode
Octode

Default Re: Bush TV125 Lopt.

Hi Steve,

Keith Hamer and Garry Smith did a great article on fitting a BRC 1500 LOPT to a TV125 in the September 1982 issue of "Television".

Naturally no-one likes interfering with a set's originality like this, but if you can't get a replacement LOPT.......

Cheers from Brian R
Old 21st Jun 2006, 8:38 pm   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_P
The LOPT which had died, now worked!!!!
That's a happy story, Steve

But how do you know that the original LOPT had definitely died? Who made the diagnosis? Could it possibly have been some other fault which gave the same symptoms?

I have owned loads of tvs which were written off be "professional" tv engineers because "the tube had gone", yet all were easily fixed, the fault being nothing more than dry joints in many cases.

Nick.
Old 21st Jun 2006, 9:47 pm   #4
Steve_P
Dekatron

It was the LOPT as I looked at it again in 1990 and comfirmed it. But I've got 3 at least here so no worries if it fails again.

As an aside, I have that article and all the bits to do that here, but I've never had to do it. In fact, on Rank chassis, it's usually the EHT winding that goes and any other EHT Winding will go in.... but don't tell everyone of such things....

Cheers,

Steve P
Old 15th Jul 2006, 10:03 pm   #5
ALANS ANITAS
Rest in Peace

Hi
I tried the BRC LOPT mod soon after the article was published,on a KB, the one with the black glass front panel. It worked.
I didn't keep the set. What a pity.

Alan
Closed Thread