UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jun 2019, 5:30 pm   #1
19Seventy7
Octode

Default SCART to Composite

Hi,

I have a SCART to Composite cable (SCART one end, Red, White and Yellow on the other) and i'm trying to use it to transfer some VHS to DVD.

Plugging the cables in, no content was shown on screen with the software. A quick google search shows that there are two variants of the cable I have, SCART in, Composite out, or Composite in, SCART out.

I think I have the latter as I know the cable works, as I have used it on a DVD player.

Is there anyway I can re-wire the SCART socket to then make it SCART in, Composite out?

Edit: I'd rather not buy a new cable if possible as this could possibly be one of very few times it'd get used, if ever again.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you
Old 11th Jun 2019, 5:51 pm   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: SCART to Composite

Here's the connections:

https://www.electronics2000.co.uk/pin-out/scart.php

Lawrence.
Old 11th Jun 2019, 6:04 pm   #3
19Seventy7
Octode

Thank you!

Strangely I never got any results like that from a search online.

Thanks for your help!
Old 11th Jun 2019, 8:24 pm   #4
emeritus
Dekatron

Older Maplin catalogues used to contain useful information like that, which is why I kept one.
Old 12th Jun 2019, 10:57 am   #5
paulsherwin

Market stalls and the like often have adaptors to do this for a pound or two, with a SCART plug on one side and three phono sockets on the other. There is a small slider switch to select input or output.

You can also buy them from eBay sellers, e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scart-to-...s/323664038069
Closed Thread