UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jan 2018, 7:28 pm   #1
Oldelectronics
Heptode

Default Hacker RP10 screws.

Hi Folks I have recently acquired a later model RP10 and unlike other ones is causing a bit of head scratching. The service schedule states there are 3 screws holding in the chassis one on the left hand side is obvious the one going through the PCB into a metal battery bracket seems to be missing (approximate areas marked with blue pen) anyone any idea were the 3rd one is? I don't want to needlessly undo screws in case something needed falls off!! I don't suppose its the one near R23?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2153.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	156442  

Last edited by Oldelectronics; 30th Jan 2018 at 7:35 pm.
Old 30th Jan 2018, 8:21 pm   #2
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default Re: Hackwer RP10 screws

You've what looks to be a nut on a threaded rod where I would expect to see the third bolt - inside the right of the cabinet, a little lower than the ferrite rod. It passes through a grommet and into the cabinet side.
Old 30th Jan 2018, 9:05 pm   #3
Oldelectronics
Heptode

Default Re: Hackwer RP10 screws

Hi Paul I will give it a go tomorrow. The threaded portion is so long though it looks like there is not enough left for sideways movement in the chassis to clear it which put me off trying it. But as you say it's the logical one and undoing it can't hurt!

Regards, Kev.
Old 31st Jan 2018, 6:34 pm   #4
Oldelectronics
Heptode

Default Re: Hacker RP10 screws.

A quick update I had a closer look this afternoon the threaded rod should be a bolt as Paul mentioned removing the rod let me get the chassis out. A bit odd is the way a lot of bolts are double nutted as though they ran out of the correct length! I know you can use two nuts as a locking devise and the handle is secured like that but some seem to have been used to just shorten the bolt perhaps Gremlins have been in there!
Kev
Moderators please close this thread if you wish.
Closed Thread