UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Feb 2021, 9:05 am   #1
wardmill
Diode

Default Saba RCR 445.

Trying to get one of these going there is a grey wire coming out of the power board that has broken away from somewhere on the cassette mechanism I think. For the life of me I cant see where. If anyone has one or knows where this grey wire goes I would be very grateful.
Old 16th Feb 2021, 5:17 pm   #2
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Saba RCR 445.

It is a long shot but if you could get a photo of the power board (both component side and track/artwork side) around the area where the grey wire is connected and also a photo of the cassette mechanism area near where the other end of the wire reaches then it may be possible to work out from the schematic drawing.

David
Old 18th Feb 2021, 7:49 pm   #3
wardmill
Diode

Thanks David and sorry for the late reply, the covid jab laid me low for a few days. I have taken some photos. It seems to be an earth wire but I still have no idea where it goes. Touching it on the obvious places on the motor etc has no effect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3054.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	227030   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3055.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	227031   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3053.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	227032   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3051.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	227033  
Old 18th Feb 2021, 9:46 pm   #4
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Thank you for the photos but unfortunately I cannot see where the wire physically connects to on the power board in the photos.

What makes you believe it may be an earth wire ? Have you done a continuity test of the loose end of the wire to earth/ground/0V (with power switched off) ? i.e. would expect a low resistance of a few Ohms maximum if an earth wire connection.

Are there any obvious operational proplems ?

Have got my first Covid jab tomorrow, hope I am not laid low.

David
Old 19th Feb 2021, 11:23 pm   #5
wardmill
Diode

Yes, it's the second solder joint up (or in) in the second photo. All grey wires are earth so far.

Mark.
Closed Thread