UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Feb 2021, 6:45 pm   #1
iancampbell
Diode

Default Sony TC-K611S Repair

I've been trying to resurrect this deck for a while and came across an old thread on here detailing how to get to the belts.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=102473

However, much to my annoyance I've done something that the thread explicitly says not to !!

"Remove the small plastic clip from the F/R pulley, don't lose it cos its very small"

I lost it ! So my question is does anyone have an idea where I could source a replacement ? I've found the part in the service manual which is a start I guess ! (3-669-465-11 Washer (1.5), Stopper) (Ref No 112 on page 35 of the manual)

Any suggestions much appreciated !
Old 17th Feb 2021, 1:42 am   #2
knobtwiddler
Octode

Default Re: Sony TC-K611S Repair

Did you put the code into a search engine? I just did and found a supplier in the USA. They want $12 USD for it. The postage cost will be the annoying bit. You could try asking at the Tapeheads forum? Alas, finding parts for any c-deck is difficult. I can't think of any model that is easy to get bits for (Revox is probably the best in this regard). Cassette fanciers tend to buy broken machines and cannibalise them.

NB - if you don't get it working and want to sell it on, let me know!
Old 17th Feb 2021, 11:16 am   #3
iancampbell
Diode

Thanks for the reply - might look at the cannibalise option.
If a sony part number was 3-669-465-00 instead of 3-669-465-11 would you think it would be similar? It's on a TC-K570 and serves the same purpose on that deck.
Old 17th Feb 2021, 5:59 pm   #4
knobtwiddler
Octode

You are likely better off asking that at Tapeheads. I would advise caution, simply because it's Sony, and a different letter in a long string can mean radical differences, but I do not have a clue TBH.
Old 17th Feb 2021, 9:02 pm   #5
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancampbell View Post
Thanks for the reply - might look at the cannibalise option.
If a sony part number was 3-669-465-00 instead of 3-669-465-11 would you think it would be similar? It's on a TC-K570 and serves the same purpose on that deck.
Certainly look extremely similar with same description but impossible to know what the subtle difference might be.

Image of the 3-669-465-11 attached.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	465-11.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	226986  
Old 17th Feb 2021, 9:18 pm   #6
DMcMahon
Dekatron

I see it is listed on Amazon from one seller, with both part numbers qouted against it, a high price though.
Closed Thread