UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Oct 2011, 1:33 pm   #21
muckelhound
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Chassis cleaning? Your favourite tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckelhound View Post
...e, turn the stator out a ..
Of course it´s the rotor to be turned out. And with my last projekt, a Radio Rentals 58 in mind, I took off the speaker from the chassis.
Old 11th Apr 2012, 5:35 pm   #22
Refugee
Dekatron

I have used car wheel foam cleaner and an old toothbrush on cast aluminum and also on the textured Bakolite front of AVOs. They come up well.
Old 11th May 2012, 5:33 pm   #23
Testgear John
Tetrode

I have sucessfully restored 2 AVOs by the wet method. Just take out the movements, and give them a good scrub in a sink with washing up liquid, don't use bleach, though ( it takes out the oil from the Bakerlite) then dry as stated in a cool oven!

John.
Old 11th May 2012, 9:58 pm   #24
Refugee
Dekatron

I did not to it quite that wet.
I dab the old tooth brush into a blob of foam and brush a small bit then dry off with a cloth before the next being careful not to get any down the pots and switches.
The only thing i have to do is to sort out some Araldite around the edge of the glass left over from an old botched repair.
Closed Thread