UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 26th Feb 2011, 6:08 pm   #1
stitch1
Heptode

Default 746 ringer

Hello,
I have a 746 that won't ring and have found that one of the coils is o/c. I'd like to 'google' for a new one but I'm not sure of the correct term, is it just ringer coil?

Thanks
Old 26th Feb 2011, 6:20 pm   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: 746 ringer

I would be inclined to search for "telephone bell coil" rather than "ringer coil" - but then you can never quite be sure how those offering them will describe them.
Old 26th Feb 2011, 7:00 pm   #3
stitch1
Heptode

Thanks Dave that makes sense, just wondered if there was a specific term but anything + coil seems to cover it.
Old 26th Feb 2011, 7:18 pm   #4
AndiiT
Octode

Hi,
I may have a spare bell motor kicking around here, which you can have for the cost of postage, if I can find it.

Andrew
Old 26th Feb 2011, 9:06 pm   #5
stitch1
Heptode

That's a very kind offer Andrew and as I can't find any for sale I'll take you up on it if you can find one. More than happy to pay the going rate, I'll PM you.
Closed Thread