UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 11th Aug 2007, 11:12 am   #21
gpogal
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: When were the GPO 200 and 300 series phones withdrawn?

I saw 332's still in use in 1979, just about the time when the rininging cct changed and BT moved to plug and socket. I don't believe BT ever converted 300 or 200 series telephones to plug and socket so as people moved from hard wired to plug the 300's would have been recovered and swaped out for 746's
Old 12th Aug 2007, 12:30 am   #22
plumbweiss
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: When were the GPO 200 and 300 series phones withdrawn?

Yeah I seem to remember the aforementioned factory (Wooliscroft Quarry Tile Works, now a housing estate) served its 332 extensions via a 'modern' Monarch or London or something.
Closed Thread