UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Feb 2013, 3:54 pm   #1
raditechman
Heptode

Default Canvey Island

I notice that the Canvey Island Radio Rally is this Sunday, 2nd February. Every year I try and get there but have never yet gone. I wonder if anyone on here has been and could say if it is worth traveling there from West London. Bearing in mind that it is not long until the next Harpenden.
John
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 10:21 pm   #2
Horris
Hexode

Default Re: Canvey Island

The Canvey Rally is mostly ham radio equipment. Not much in domestic vintage radio gear. Worth the journey if you are into Amateur Radio.

Dave
M0HBV
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 10:31 pm   #3
Sean Williams
Dekatron

I've been there for the past three years, and have always found some bargains - won't make it tomorrow, as will be off to Liverpool.

Best bargains had to be a pair of NOS KT66 valves for a fiver, and finding a power supply unit for a B2 spyset in a "junk box"

It's a friendly show, the catering is a little haphazard, but given the venue and time of year it's a decent show!

Cheers
Sean
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 7:25 pm   #4
raditechman
Heptode

I did go and it was better than I expected. A couple of valve portable radios. Something from the 1920.s ? Which I keep wondering should I have bought it. (Picture attached). Several Bush transistor portables.There were plenty of components for sale.
All I bought was an ECC85, a 2.2M ohm pot and a 1M ohm pot. Tags strips.
John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1920s.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	75779  
Closed Thread