UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Aug 2019, 10:48 pm   #1
Cmitch90
Retired Dormant Member

Default Bang & Olufsen Radiogram Speaker Repair

Hi, I have just picked up a B&O Radiogram 900 at a bargain price. It even has the 1968 receipt of purchase.

Everything seems to work great apart from the right speaker. When I got it it was very quiet. I pretty much just touched the balance adjustment underneath and now it works. But it's distorted. Not sure if it's blown or just a dodgy connection.

My question is. How do I even get into the cabinet to have a look at the speaker. What can I replace it with. Checking the connections would be the first bet but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get into the cabinet.

Thanks for any help. Chris
Old 17th Aug 2019, 10:28 am   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Bang & Olufsen Radiogram Speaker Repair

It is more likely to be a fault of the right hand channel amplifier. First of all swap the speakers over and see if the fault follows it. Let us know.
Old 17th Aug 2019, 9:26 pm   #3
kirstyd
Heptode

If it's the small compact 900 you get to the speakers by undoing a small wood screw underneath. The grille will come off once the screw is undone.
Old 18th Aug 2019, 9:36 am   #4
Michael Maurice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Huggins View Post
It is more likely to be a fault of the right hand channel amplifier. First of all swap the speakers over and see if the fault follows it. Let us know.

Its not so easy to swap the speaker connections on these as theyre terminated in a 5 pin din plug which plugs in the side of the amplifier. Its difficult to get to as well.

If you have a second pair of speakers or even one speaker, try plugging them into the din plugs under the receiver (the receiver is mounted vertically) you can use this to compare the right and left channels.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Closed Thread