UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 27th Aug 2019, 12:41 pm   #1
boombox
Pentode

Default Linksys/Sipura SPA3000

Hallo!

Trying to upgrade the firmware on a new Linksys/Sipura Spa3000 from what it's arrived with (3.1.10(GWd)) to 3.1.20(GW) which is what my existing SPA3K is on.

I can't remember if I had to manually upgrade my existing one or if it just happened to come with the later firmware.

Anyway I've SCOURED the internets and I cannot for the life of me find a working download link for 3.1.20.

Anyone have one saved locally?

thank you!

Forgot to say - the reason I'm upgrading is because I'm trying to restore a saved configuration and I'm getting the message:
There are errors in your inputs (fields with red names),
Please correct them and submit again!

only - there are no red field names. I've tried removing the passwords *** and even replacing the *** with '123' and the error doesn't go away.
I was thinking maybe the error is caused by incompatibilities between the different firmware versions?

Last edited by boombox; 27th Aug 2019 at 12:52 pm. Reason: more info
Old 27th Aug 2019, 4:23 pm   #2
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Default Re: Spa3000

Found it here:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/atas-...e/td-p/1336430

My 3000 came with 3.1.20(GW)

At your own risk of course.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 66006-spa3000-3.1.20(GW).zip (1.40 MB, 117 views)

Last edited by Graham G3ZVT; 27th Aug 2019 at 4:53 pm. Reason: typo
Old 28th Aug 2019, 2:50 pm   #3
boombox
Pentode

Default Re: Spa3000

Thank you! That did the trick! I'd actually been on that page but missed the fact there was a file there to be had. D'oh.
And to cap it off, clicking that link and seeing the updater application reminded me I did do this about a year and a a bit ago, on that occasion finding the file myself... I must have deteriorated in the intervening time!

For future Googlers: I found the application updater didn't work, but I got it to work with the HTTP server url?file method.
Old 28th Aug 2019, 6:27 pm   #4
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Default Re: Linksys/Sipura SPA3000

The first time I did a firmware update on a Linksys ATA I had no application and I set up a TFTP server on my PC in order to flash it.

I knew you could save the configs as individual HTTP pages, and POST them back to a different unit, but I didn't know you could flash the firmware in a similar way.
Old 29th Aug 2019, 6:08 pm   #5
boombox
Pentode

Default Re: Linksys/Sipura SPA3000

Another question if I may, Rambo & if you're still there?

I have configured a SPA3000 as a 'hotline' - when it goes off hook it rings '60' on my PBX - all of this works - calls can be answered and it's 90% working satisfactorily.

The only slightly disconcerting thing is that callers on the hotline (i.e. outside the building won't know the call is progressing because they're not fed a calling tone (what IS the correct work for that tone?!) - they just get nothing until the call is answered.

Anyone know how I would configure the Spa3K to dish out a 'calling tone' too?

This was all I changed to enable hotline functionality:

Code:
DialPlan: S0<:60>
Closed Thread