UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 14th Aug 2019, 3:28 pm   #1
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Transistorised Black Box in Keswick Oxfam, £17.99

Fair condition, would have bought it if wife hadn't been lurking

BSR deck has nice mat though trim on top of tower missing and amp knobs damaged.

Nick
Old 14th Aug 2019, 6:23 pm   #2
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Re: Transistorised Black Box in Keswick Oxfam, £17.99

That's a pretty good price I think.

I spotted one (some damage to the finish on the lid, but otherwise reasonable) for £30 in a local charity shop a month or so back. And there is no 'SWMBO' for me...
Old 14th Aug 2019, 11:43 pm   #3
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

That particular Oxfam branch often has electrical items of interest, I have seen things like a Hacker Gondolier, various pairs of decent (ie, very large) speakers, etc.

The 'Keswick collectables' shop up in St John's Street (down the road from the cinema, on the same side) had a late version Dansette Bermuda in very good physical condition in the window, I mentioned it in passing elsewhere. If you're there for the week perhaps you can see if it is still there.
Old 16th Aug 2019, 12:39 pm   #4
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

It is, but the prices there are high by my standards e.g. £5 for a 7" single, so I didn't dare ask the price.

However, the Black Box is now in the back of my wife's car, hidden under the beach stuff...

This missing BSR trim was safe inside the cabinet

Nick
Closed Thread