UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Apr 2008, 1:03 pm   #1
Bob Davies
Retired Dormant Member

Default Eddystone 870A

Hello to the group.
I will be trying to restore the above radio - but I thought I would ask a few questions first - hoping to get answers.
1. Is this set as rare as I am told it is.
2. Does anyone have the component layout diagram
3. Is there another front panel glass available. (This one is broken and bits missing)
Regards to all.

Thanks
Bob

Last edited by Station X; 23rd Apr 2008 at 1:42 pm. Reason: Email address removed to comply with forum rules. Make contact using the PM system please.
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 11:30 pm   #2
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Re: Edison S870A

Hello Bob,

The Eddystone 870A was a 5-band 'ship's cabin' broadcast receiver that was made in quantity but scrapped in huge numbers when cruise liners were re-fitted, hence their relative rarity now. I have a nice working example. Unfortunately the service information that I have does not show the component layout below the chassis.

Have you visited the Eddystone User Group website? It is a mine of useful information about all things Eddystone and you can download the 870A user manual from http://www.eddystoneusergroup.org.uk...e%20OE3SBN.pdf

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Closed Thread