UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Sep 2013, 3:21 pm   #1
raresvintea
Retired Dormant Member

Default Cossor 4100A

Hello. I am a happy owner on a Cossor 4100A, and thanks to the man who gave it to me!

It has a little problem. When it's on B channel it shows only half of signal on OX. On channel A the signal is complete.

Do you know any possible component that can give this defect?
Old 13th Sep 2013, 9:15 pm   #2
WME_bill
Octode

Default Re: Cossor 4100A

I am afraid you will just have to get down to a careful search. It is clearly in the Y pre-amplifier for B channel. You do not say whether the signal is half is intended to mean half the amplitude (ie reduced gain) or only half the wave form (ie chopped off, as if half the balanced stages are cutting off). You will need the circuit and the manual, but it doesn't sound too desperate. I attach the circuits of the Y amplifier to help you on your way. Let us know how you get on. wme_bill m0wpn
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cossor4100-wm_Y amp circuit.pdf (362.7 KB, 81 views)
Old 13th Sep 2013, 9:19 pm   #3
raresvintea
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Cossor 4100A

"Only half the wave form".

I nee dto reconize that i need more skills to repair one of that oscilloscopes, and withouts certains test point it will remain like this.
Closed Thread