UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 14th May 2017, 10:06 pm   #21
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Re: Sorting AF11X transistors

Could very well be, I've seen more than once that bought in semiconductors were stamped Sony. They had some IC's made by Fujitsu, for example. Clearly identifiable by the features of the case and date stamps.
Old 14th May 2017, 10:23 pm   #22
Philips210
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee View Post
Yes there are NKT part numbers out there.
I found some NOS many years ago so I have no idea what sets they were used in.
Hi.

The transistor on the bottom right has a 3N4 code on it which looks to be the type of code that Philips/Mullard used on their semiconductors. It also looks to be the same font as well.
Something else I was thinking about regarding tin whiskers was, does this affect the Japanese germanium audio transistors with the same case as the European AC128 transistors?

Regards
Symon.

Last edited by Philips210; 14th May 2017 at 10:26 pm. Reason: additional text
Old 14th May 2017, 11:18 pm   #23
paulsherwin

I've not heard of problems with Japanese audio types, but the problems with AC128s have only emerged in the last few years, so who knows?
Old 15th May 2017, 3:28 am   #24
Refugee
Dekatron

The 3N4 transistor is a Mullard that slipped through the sorting process done for the photo. The one with the red sleeve is also a Mullard number.
Closed Thread