UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Feb 2018, 1:01 am   #61
Philips210
Nonode

Default Re: What's your most treasured piece of electronic junk.

Hi.

Mine is an AVO valve characteristic meter VCM Mk3 pulled from a skip back in 1988. Luckily it was undamaged and even the meter movement was fine. It needed little general servicing to bring it up to standard. The meter coil did eventually fail about 14 years back. A Sifam type meter movement together with a drive amplifier circuit (using a 741 op amp) was installed. I might upgrade my unit to accomodate B9D base valves such as the PL509 and PY500A etc.

Regards
Symon.
Old 15th Feb 2018, 3:17 am   #62
Karin Machina
Retired Dormant Member

Mine would be my Sony TC-63 My neighbour gave it to me and I quickly went to Durham with a few friends blasting tunes with it... I dont take it out much anymore.. it needs a new drive belt anyhow.. elastic bands give terrible results.
Old 15th Feb 2018, 6:20 pm   #63
emeritus
Dekatron

As the theme is "junk", mine would be the 21 Bit store that was one of a number of scrap circuit boards I rescued from the scrap bin at Plesseys in the mid-1970's to re-use the ICs. I have no idea what it was used on. Judging from the date codes (the latest is mid-1970) I guess it probably dates from around 1971. A recent 2GB micro SD card is shown for comparison. Before I retired I used to keep it on my bookshelf at work, and later passed it to my wife, who used it to demonstrate the development of computer memory when she was teaching IT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	21 bit store a.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	157443   Click image for larger version

Name:	21 bit store b.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	157444  
Old 18th Feb 2018, 7:14 pm   #64
Nanozeugma
Heptode

Having rediscovered my lapsed interest in mains valve radios after a lapse of several decades, I have made it my business to acquire several specimens for restoration.
I have thus far managed to acquire:
A Murphy A46
A Philips 170/15
A Philips 462A
As a lad I restored a Philips 170 and it's lovely to have one back again.
I'm still on the hunt for a Murphy A48 as I had one of those too. Once I source one at a price I can justify, it will not be prised from my cold dead fingers
Closed Thread