UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Sep 2018, 2:18 pm   #1
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Noisy Sanyo RD4260

Hi, I have a Sanyo RD4260, circa 1972/73ish and when I rewind and fast forward, it sometimes starts off quite smooth with very little noise, then all of a sudden the whole machine makes a very loud, almost vibrating noise. it's quite hard to describe.

I think it may have something to do with the tape counter as I noticed it sometimes gets stuck, that's when rewinding and fast forwarding is smooth, but when it becomes unstuck it then makes the loud noise.

Any idea as to why and how I could fix it? (Or is this just something they did?)

Just to clarify, the noise is from the player itself and not through speakers or headphones.

Thanks.
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 9:29 pm   #2
Michael Maurice

Default Re: Noisy Sanyo RD4260

It could be that any lubrication in the counter has dried out, remove the counter, dismantle it, clean it and reassemble it with fresh lubricant.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 9:43 pm   #3
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Re: Noisy Sanyo RD4260

Okay, thank you. Shall look into that tomorrow.
Closed Thread