UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Apr 2019, 6:30 pm   #1
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default A Radio Set up-date yesterday + I Player Link

Not sure if this is in the right place Mods. I think I saw this post re a relatively rare radio which I thought was German but I'm now beginning to doubt it Some sort of people's set maybe? Relatively tall and thin. The chap posting added that a related Documentary mentioned earlier [I recall it's 45mins long] was still on-line from February and he'd put a link on the thread which I followed but the title has now gone from me!

The BBC player page showed a man with the radio in question and I think it was about Radio [as entertainment] during or after WW2, in Germany or otherwise? I thought I'd made a note to download later. I also thought it would be easy to find I've tried everything I could think of but probaly not something that's blindingly obvious. Any help appreciated. Hopefully someone will know what I'm on about immediately.

Dave W
Old 28th Apr 2019, 8:01 pm   #2
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Default Re: A Radio Set up-date yesterday + I Player Link

Volksempfänger?
Old 28th Apr 2019, 8:33 pm   #3
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: A Radio Set up-date yesterday + I Player Link

That does seem very close Graham. I'm fairly sure it was a set with that circular feature. I wish I'd paid more attention at the time but it did seem to feature in a program from THIS year otherwise the link provided would not be still up! I can't find anything more recent than 2018 here but I will keep going. Thanks very much for your input. I'm sure that was the set or a variant! There's probaly a simple explanation [to suit a simple person]. To be honest it's the program I was interested in, as I would usually pick these Docs up and wondered how I'd missed it? I've checked the Radio Times for February but nothing there!

Dave

Last edited by dave walsh; 28th Apr 2019 at 8:41 pm.
Closed Thread