UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 21st May 2020, 1:24 pm   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Levell TM14 Equivalent build?

Hi!

I have now been able to purchase a manual for the Levell TM14 Insulation Meter, as I would like to make one in the not too distant future!

Rather than go to all the aggro of winding a high–voltage step–up pot core transformer, does anyone see any problem with using one of those little ready–built high–voltage step–up modules that can give up to 1200V output, adjustable on–board?

I think you can still get the uA776 used in this, at a price!

I'll be putting in a "Wanted" request for a nice modern large panel meter, of suitable f.s.d., once the manual arrives.

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 21st May 2020 at 1:40 pm.
Closed Thread