UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Old 29th Apr 2024, 8:37 pm   #21
Sideband
Dekatron

Default Re: Dansette Junior Deluxe Question

...but is the HT correct? Just because eveything was changed, it doesn't mean the rectifier valve is good. At least confirm that first. A medium output cartridge should be adequate. Check the anode load resistor that feeds the triode section of the UCL83....I suspect this will be somewhere between 100K and 220K (I don't have the circuit). It might have gone high and that will certainly give low volume. Just a simple resistance check will suffice.
Old 30th Apr 2024, 12:31 pm   #22
paul1962
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideband View Post
...but is the HT correct? Just because eveything was changed, it doesn't mean the rectifier valve is good. At least confirm that first. A medium output cartridge should be adequate. Check the anode load resistor that feeds the triode section of the UCL83....I suspect this will be somewhere between 100K and 220K (I don't have the circuit). It might have gone high and that will certainly give low volume. Just a simple resistance check will suffice.
Hi Sideband,

The amplifier was changed complete with both valves checked on my valve tester, complete cap change (smoothing cap leaking and also wax cap gone gooey) and 1 out of tolerance resistor changed.
When I touch the cartridge wires, very loud, but with it fitted, low volume. I have been trying to find the output of the red top chinese cartridge and the info I have been able to find is around 100mV. I believe the original cartridge had an output of around 500mV. I tried the cartridge in another 2 stage amp I have here of the same vintage (conquest auto) and also, low volume, but not as drastic, probably due to a higher output amplifier to start with.
paul1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Apr 2024, 3:44 pm   #23
Gabe001
Octode

Try taking the negative feedback off/reduce it a bit. It'll increase the input sensitivity
Gabe001 is offline   Reply With Quote