UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Old 21st Mar 2024, 5:54 pm   #1
eddie_ce
Hexode

Default Aurora Standards Convertor. Value?

Split from this thread:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=204268

I have a brand new, unused Aurora SCRF405A Rev. 4.0/4.2 which I would like to offer for sale. What would be a fair price to ask for this sought after, obsolete device?
eddie_ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2024, 7:16 pm   #2
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Aurora Standards Convertor. Value?

Funny you should ask! Only yesterday I was looking at this very subject on-line and I was surprised to see that the going rate for a second hand Aurora is around the £300 mark now. The most recent one to sell was earlier this month and it went for around £320, but it was complete with a PSU and various connecting leads, A previous one without any extras sold for around £300, all plus postage - there's no reason why you can't do as I did and do your own research into what they're 'apparently' worth at the moment. I've seen them sell on this forum in the past for a lot less than I've just seen as of yesterday and I bought mine from a forum member a few years ago for a lot less. All I can say at the moment is that if you've got one, then with the way things are going it's probably worth hanging on to it, as it's probably better than money in the bank right now and a good investment!

If you wanted to do somebody a good turn you could always offer it on here at a 'bargain' price to help them out.
Techman is offline   Reply With Quote