UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Old 16th May 2024, 12:41 am   #1
thespeakerport
Diode

Default Akai 4000DS and the LD3141 Chip

Hello all....just signed up to this forum. Lots of good information here.

I am based outside of Chicago, IL and have a vintage audio repair and restoration shop. What lead me here was a post that was made by KeithsTV in regards to the Akai 4000DS and the issue with the LD3141 chip. I followed the schematic and instructions, but I was wondering if anyone has also built this and what did you do with pin number 5? There is no mention of how to account for it. It is definitely connected to circuitry in this unit and it does not seem right to just ignore it. I have yet to actually install the new board, but before I do, I was hoping to get some guidance.

(Note: i tried to reach out directly to the original author, but apparently i had to make a post first...lol)
thespeakerport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2024, 10:29 am   #2
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Akai 4000DS and the LD3141 Chip

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

I assume this is the Thread in question :-

https://www.google.com/url?client=in...074lg0gW&arm=e

David
DMcMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2024, 11:14 am   #3
KeithsTV
Nonode

Default Re: Akai 4000DS and the LD3141 Chip

I assume you are referring to pin 5 on the LD3141. With the replacement circuit there is no need to connect anything to pin 5. In the original circuit it is connected to a decoupling capacitor. This is not needed in the circuit I designed.

Keith
KeithsTV is offline   Reply With Quote