UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Old 26th Apr 2024, 5:37 pm   #41
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Cabin Slide Projector

Quote:
can someone tell me just what a "Cabin Slide Projector would have been used for?
I wondered about that too so I googled the term and it turns out that 'Cabin' is a brand, so simply 'a slide projector made by Cabin'.
SiriusHardware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2024, 2:37 pm   #42
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Ah,, I am enlightened. I somehow assumed they were something with aviation or maritime applications.
Old 27th Apr 2024, 3:52 pm   #43
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Ah, one of those. There was a very similar (although possibly better built) Russian projector. I was given one as a Christmas/Birthday present over 40 years ago and still have it.
TonyDuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2024, 5:32 pm   #44
DonaldStott
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeritus View Post
Somewhere in the shed I have a circa 1930 General Electric (USA) lighting course manual which explains why lower voltage lamps of the same wattage produce a greater light output than higher voltage ones. It has tabulated data for, I think, 240V, 120V and 50V lamps. I'll see if I can dig it out and post a scan.
If this is the case then a 12V 21W bulb may suffice - of course I'd have to re-purpose a 12V DC power supply which (according to Ohm's Law) would only need to be 1.75A, or have I missed something obvious?
Old 27th Apr 2024, 10:55 pm   #45
wd40addict
Octode

I still think the original lamp is an A1/21 (240V version): overall length 76mm, light centre 34.5mm, diameter 25mm. How do these figures compare to your original?
wd40addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2024, 1:36 pm   #46
seymour32
Tetrode

Hi, there is a person on eBay selling A1/21 120v version for under £ 10 ( Japanese) or for £13 they have a branded version and quantity's of both , would need a suitable transformer
seymour32 is offline   Reply With Quote