UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Old 20th Apr 2024, 1:07 pm   #1
Eve May
Diode

Default Fidelity HF37

Hi everyone

I’ve been given a Fidelty record player which sadly wouldn’t play a record as the arm just seems to slide across the record. When I had a closer look at the arm, the screw in the top was loose and a small spring fell out of somewhere. The two seem to be connected as the screw just wobbles about if I put it back in the hole, but I can’t see where the spring goes.

Can anyone help please? I’ve also damaged the spring trying to wedge it where it clearly doesn’t want to go ?

I am completely new to record players so don’t even know what all the different parts are called so apologies in advance.
I would so grateful for any hell or advice you can give
Eve May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Apr 2024, 4:41 pm   #2
nicam49
Hexode

Default Re: Fidelity HF37

Hi and welcome to the forum!
I think we'll need you to post up some really clear and in focus pics , anything taken too far away or fuzzy won't help. Hope you've got a decent camera phone. You can only upload so many on one reply, but add replies as needed. You got any experience working on electro/mechanical stuff...also, have you got
a multimeter and some handy small tools.
Here's a YouTube video of someone refurbing a HF35 to give you some idea of the possible challenge.
https://youtu.be/adXRUQ1VRV0?si=n2dI8RY_7kKqzb-8

Last edited by nicam49; 20th Apr 2024 at 4:43 pm. Reason: added the YouTube link.
nicam49 is offline   Reply With Quote