UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Old 10th Apr 2024, 3:08 pm   #1
DixieDean
Diode

Default Crypton Tuning Machine

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and only found this by chance seeing some people discussing these old Crypton Tuning Machines.

By the looks of some of the threads there looks to be some knowledgeable folk on here and hoping someone may be able to offer some reassurance on the following which I'm asking on behalf of my Dad.

So the last machine he had was a 335 which broke down a few years ago so. Was a shame to see tbh. But last week out of the blue we managed to source a mint condition 336 model in full working order.

The question his if anyone has had a similar experience, Can he just plug this service scope module into the newer machine? There is a place on the chip board inside to take it but he's terrified to do it even tho it all looks the same. My advice was oh just go for it Dad but it's not like there's many of these around anymore.

Anyway thanks for reading, know this is proper random and about as niche as it gets but worth a try.

Finally I have attached photo's so hopefully thats worked.
Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	296189   Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).jpg
Views:	146
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	296190   Click image for larger version

Name:	download (2).jpg