UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Jul 2019, 9:41 pm   #81
hannahs radios
Hexode

Default Re: Who's still using their old Safebloc?

I agree I've got a few in use in the shack and in the disco room great little plugs
Old 20th Aug 2019, 6:20 pm   #82
Electronpusher0
Nonode

I found this at my local car boot, Loblite 501.
Not sure how old it is, unshrouded pins but push release button coloured Brown, Green and Blue. Claims to be fused.
Wires inserted in the bottom while pressing the appropriate coloured button on the front.

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2082.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	188656   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2083.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	188657   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2084.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	188658   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2085.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	188659  
Old 20th Aug 2019, 6:28 pm   #83
TonyDuell
Dekatron

I remember that sort of plug with the buttons to connect wires. I think I had one bought at a Tandy shop around 1980. In the end the plastic body cracked and it was thrown away.

Inside is one of those pushbutton 'chocolate block' type connectors. The external buttons simply press on the buttons of that. It is fused, there's a 20mm-ish ceramic cartridge fuse inside from what I remember.

As to the subject: I used a Keynector a few days ago to power the battery charger for an instrument (a magnetometer) I was repairing. I wanted to refit the original BICC slim mains plug, but I was still cleaning it up when I had the rest of the charger repaired, so I used the Keynector. The attached photo shows it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Charger_test.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	188660  
Closed Thread