UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 6th May 2013, 8:47 pm   #1
GadgetM
Tetrode

Default Granada TV with width Problem

Hello again everyone, Firstly, thanks to everyone for their help last time around with my Granada Colour (GEC sarline) TV.
It now has a new fault: When I first turn on the set, the picture is narrower than the screen by about 5mm, but when fully warmed up (20mins) the picture is much wider, probably the correct amount of overscan. I've replaced a couple of capacitors on that board (2200uf and 47uf) as they were the only 2 I had replacements for at the time, but it didn't cure the problem. Any ideas?
Meurig
Old 7th May 2013, 9:28 am   #2
MALC SCOTT
Octode

Default Re: Granada TV with width Problem

Do you have a circuit for this set? The first thing to check is the HT voltage. Is it the height or the width?
Old 7th May 2013, 11:46 am   #3
GadgetM
Tetrode

I'm afraid I have no circuit diagram or service manual at all. It's only the width that changes. I have a spare power board, which I tried swapping but it was still the same, so I'm guessing its still on the board that deals with the HT, width, pincushion etc. Unfortunately I don't have any gear to test the HT voltage.
Old 9th May 2013, 5:47 pm   #4
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Hi
I'd invest in a meter - you can get a reasonable digital (or analogue if you insist) for just over a tenner in Maplin or similar. It'll repay itself in no time and you'll never look back.
Glyn
Closed Thread