UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Dec 2013, 1:54 pm   #1
barriestones
Retired Dormant Member

Default Goblin Teasmade 860 Wiring

I have just cleaned up the contacts and refitted the control button assembly in my goblin 860. I now realise that I failed to note the connector to which one of the two yellow wires from the rocker switch assembly should be attached. One yellow wire connects to the clock. I don't know where the other one connects!
Is there anyone who can help please?
Old 30th Dec 2013, 1:18 pm   #2
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Goblin Teasmade 860 Wiring

There's a hand drawn circuit of a typical teasmade in this thread:

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=91162

which may help if you can relate it to your set.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 6th Jul 2016, 12:08 pm   #3
Mad Mal
Tetrode

Default Re: Goblin Teasmade 860 Wiring

It would be helpful if anyone on the forum has a working Goblin 860 that can take colour photographs of the wiring and post them up here. I had a non functioning clock and managed to pull off several connectors on the Key tab so I don't know how they should really be connected. (Stupid head on; didn't think to take photo or make a note of what wire went where). The clock's now working, the light switch on its own works, as dos the Tea now button, but the auto button won't work with the clocks alarm feature. And when I operate the unit without the Teapot and kettle in place the buzzer goes off all the time? Thank you in advance, getting annoyed with myself.
Closed Thread