UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Feb 2020, 3:37 pm   #21
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Dynatron SRX20

Quote:
Originally Posted by technotel View Post
Also re no FM. I have discovered that there is no 15.4volts that feeds the FM stage. further investigation reveals that TR261 has no emitter volts. readings on the transistor is B=15.77v E= 0v C= 27.26v
That would suggest that the transistors base-emitter junction is open circuit, if that's the case check for shorts on the 15.4 volt rail before replacing it, just in case.

Lawrence.
Old 27th Feb 2020, 4:06 pm   #22
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by technotel View Post
DMcMahon sorry for missing your reply and thanks. I have not disconnected anything yet but isn't de selecting FM button which effectively cuts the 15.4v supply to the FM stage, the same thing? I have all the components now fro cpc and will pull out old to test. I will get back with what I findings
I had only replied after seeing your post in your other thread (had not seen this thread before) that you had not had any responses to your problem questions.
Old 29th Feb 2020, 1:41 pm   #23
technotel
Pentode

update
FM working now. Found TR261 found to be completely open circuit, no meter reading at any junction. Replaced with BC140-16 Data sheet says its a replacement for the MA8003.
Works a treat now. Got some LED replacement lamps for the blown vu lamps and added a 825ohm resistor to give them that warm glow of the original. Got them from a guy who actually makes these lamps from a well known auction site. They really work well.
Auto cut off at end of record now works due to very good advise on here regarding where the issue was. (seized lever on pivot) heated it gently to remove and clean and tiny bit of black grease that I had from Panasonic for greasing mechanics on their vcr decks.
Cassette playback issue could not be resolved with good cleaning with servisol 10. So dare I say but I removed it completely and bridged the circuit board for playback only. I will keep the slide switch as its part of the deck and can always put it back in to keep it original if I ever sell it? I will never use the deck to record in any case. This now works a treat.
Thanks to all you guys who helped me along with repairing my srx20
technotel
Closed Thread