UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Nov 2018, 3:59 pm   #1
kfeuerherm
Retired Dormant Member

Default Uher 4400 Report Monitor Fuse

I recently acquired a new (i.e. unused) Uher 4400 Report Monitor with several accessories, including a Z124 A1 mains adapter.

The adapter was set to 220V, so I switched it to 110V; no problem there. However, according to the manual, one should also replace the fuse. I opened the fuse holder, but when I tried to remove the existing fuse so I could examine it, it came apart....

I could have run this from a transformer but wanted to avoid it. Now I can't do either as I don't have either type of replacement fuse.

Internet searches for 50mA fuses suggest some in 5x20mm format. Is this the right type, or do I need to be looking somewhere else?

I'm in Canada btw.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Karljürgen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2190.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	173386   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2191.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	173387  
Old 25th Nov 2018, 5:16 pm   #2
barrymagrec
Octode

Default Re: Uher 4400 Report Monitor Fuse

It`s a standard type T 20mm fuse, 50mA for 220 volts, 100mA for 110 volts.
Old 25th Nov 2018, 8:22 pm   #3
kfeuerherm
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks so much.

In the mean time I discovered that the German and English instructions had the opposite information on amperage!!

You, and the French and German instructions are in agreement so I’m very grateful for the added info! I've managed to pull out the broken piece, which reads 250CM 50mA so the problem seems to be solved.

KF
Old 26th Nov 2018, 4:03 pm   #4
julie_m
Dekatron

One would expect the fuse rating to be higher at the lower operating voltage. After all, watts = volts * amps and watts * seconds = joules; so if you have fewer volts, you will need more amps to get the same number of watts in order to get the same amount of work done in the time available.
Old 26th Nov 2018, 4:25 pm   #5
kfeuerherm
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks very much. I was wondering what it was that we were trying to keep constant; wattage makes sense.

Finally found a place which sells those... not too near. Amazingly difficult to get components around here these days!
Closed Thread