UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Nov 2018, 12:19 pm   #81
Raving Loony
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Revox A77 Stops Playing (Transport Fault)

Parts ordered. Many thanks.
Old 24th Nov 2018, 9:40 pm   #82
Raving Loony
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Everyone.
I just wanted to say thanks to everybody who helped me with my A77 transport problem. You have all been very kind in sharing your time and knowledge.
I decided to give the power supply recap a try and after having a conversation with NorfolkDaveUK who gave me explicit instructions I felt confident enough to give it a go.
NorfolkDaveUK’s instructions were excellent and I managed the recap of the power supply without too much fuss.
I guess you was right NorfolkDaveUK about the low voltage being the issue as I now have a working A77 which after extensive use today has kept playing without shutting down once.
Thank you to everyone on this forum for being so kind and supportive and sharing your knowledge.
I guess you can mark this problem as resolved.
Many Thanks.

Last edited by Raving Loony; 24th Nov 2018 at 9:41 pm. Reason: Spelling error.
Old 24th Nov 2018, 10:23 pm   #83
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

Great stuff, at 18V the solenoids would have been barely clinging on. Now you have the 27V back you'll have no more issues with it.

Well done and good work.
Old 24th Nov 2018, 11:36 pm   #84
Raving Loony
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Well done and good work.
Closed Thread