UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Equipment Transport Requests and Arrangements

Notices

Equipment Transport Requests and Arrangements For discussions about the 'forum courier service' and other arrangements to get sets and parts from one forum member to another. For non-commercial transactions only.

Closed Thread

Old 8th May 2017, 11:26 am   #1
Andrew Sinclair
Triode

Default Fife (Scotland ) to South Coast

I am trying to get a Marconi Q meter moved from Fife to somewhere in the South of England reasonably close (say 70 miles) to Fareham.
Can anybody help please?

Andrew
Old 10th May 2017, 4:22 am   #2
Diabolical Artificer
Nonode

Default Re: Fife (Scotland ) to South Coast

Andrew, is this the one off David? David is hopefully is dropping a couple of scopes to Peter AKA Reelman
at some point in time. Maybe you could piggy back your Q meter with them, you'd have to ask Peter though. That would get it as far as Lincolnshire. There's a possibility I could get it to near J23 M1 at my folks if that would help, that is if it's not too big and heavy.

Andy.
Old 10th May 2017, 6:51 am   #3
Radio Wrangler
Dekatron

I should point out that there are two Q meter 'assemblies'. Each one is the Q meter box bolted to a signal source box.

(There is a reason for this. The Q meter box actually contains two RF circuits, one for up to 50MHz and one for up to 300 MHz. To go with it are two different models of signal source. You sometimes see the Q meter box with one signal source bolted on one side, the other on the other side. But the source output BNC is on the right side of its panel and the Q meter input BNC is on its left. The special low impedance coax link cables are just long enough to use with a source bolted to the left side of the Q meter. So if you want the full frequency range and full performance, you need two Q meters boxes to go with the two source boxes. That's what this is. The full Monty)

Each Q meter assembly is 580mm wide, 350mm tall and 240mm deep. Weight 23.1kg each according to my bathroom scale.

The two HP 140 scope frames are each 425mm wide, 220mm tall and 465mm deep. Weight 16kg for the one without plug-ins and 19.5kg for the one with the TDR plug-in.

The total comes to 81.7kg.

I'll be down for the weekend 10th-11th June with the event I'm going to on the Saturday evening. Drop-off on Friday 9th evening would let me get the car clear for the Saturday.

David
Old 10th May 2017, 11:26 am   #4
Andrew Sinclair
Triode

Lincoln is a bit nearer but still a long run for a day trip. (Ironically I am going there later this month for a holiday and to hopefully visit Birkett's emporium.)
Maybe I could get them moved from there to somewhere nearer if I can get Peter to store it for a while.
The other option is to try and get the Q meters put on a pallet and couriered down. This obviously works out expensive and there is the risk of damage in handling...
Closed Thread