UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 12th Oct 2017, 3:47 pm   #1
Anthony
Pentode

Default Murphy A242 knobs

Does anyone have two Murphy A242 knobs with dials (?correct word), for love or money. Although it is specifically the Tuning and Bandswitch knobs I am after it really does not matter. (I wrecked these two knobs while removing them I am afraid). Alternatively, could anyone suggest 4 knobs which might be passable replacements - some sort of skirt/dial is needed at least to hide the marks left by the old skirts. ? Many thanks. Anthony
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2017, 5:53 pm   #2
Boater Sam
Nonode

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.
Default Re: Murphy A242 knobs

As usual, for the ones that can't remember what every radio knob looks like, could we have a photograph and a scale for size please?
Old 12th Oct 2017, 6:18 pm   #3
Anthony
Pentode

Thank you for your reply. Attached. Anthony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3694A.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	150650  
Old 12th Oct 2017, 9:56 pm   #4
cliff2903
Diode

I've a full set of knobs and skirts you can have for the cost of postage, they ain't pretty but should polish up ok. I've also got a dial glass and magic eye bezel if you need them.PM your address and i'll sort out the bits you want

cliff
cliff2903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2017, 2:15 pm   #5
Anthony
Pentode

PM sent to Cliff with thanks.