UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th May 2009, 2:23 pm   #1
dallaslaff
Pentode

Default Toshiba V804B vcr part id needed

Hi, I don't know if I've posted this in the correct section as this machine is about 12 year old, please move if incorrect.
When I tried to load a tape last week, the tape did not load correctly. I then could not get it to spit the tape back out. When I looked inside, I found a small "pip" of diecast lying underneath the tape carriage. After a lot of head scratching I worked out that this had broken off an "A" shaped bracket located under the load motor assy. The top of the "A" locates into the base panel, one leg engages into the nylon cam gear ( this had broken off) and the other onto the rod/strip which drives the load/unload. Has anyone with a service manual give me a part number or a part description? Any help greatly appreciated.
Les
Old 5th May 2009, 3:32 pm   #2
Norman Raeburn
Heptode

Default Re: Toshiba V804B vcr part id needed

Hi Les, This a common problem on this range of machines. The Charles Hyde part number is 20102EA and it costs £7.50 + p/p + vat.It is also available from SEME part number VDC7600. I am sure this is the correct part described as lever cam gear casting. I hope this is useful to you . Norman
Old 5th May 2009, 4:36 pm   #3
dallaslaff
Pentode

Hi, Thank you Norman, I'd looked on Charles Hyde's site but there were quite a few bits which I thought it could have been. I'll get one ordered, the next challenge is getting it back together! Thanks again.
Les
Old 5th May 2009, 8:34 pm   #4
jayceebee
Heptode

Hello Les, Just had a look in the loft and I still have a few of These left. Send me a PM with your details and I will put one in the post for you FOC.
John.
Old 8th May 2009, 9:42 pm   #5
dallaslaff
Pentode

Hi, I somehow missed John's kind offer of a FOC part. However I got one from SEME which arrived today. After having the deck in and out umpteen times and lots of cussin' I've got it back together and working good as new.
Thanks again to both Norman and John.
Les
Closed Thread