UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Nov 2017, 12:09 am   #1
Boater Sam
Banned

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.
Default Electricity meter reset and rate changes.

Does anyone know how to alter the peak and off rate settings on the Landis and Gyr meters that have an optical coding port?
Not for nefarious purpose, we have lots of used ones on non supplier sub circuits that have off peak settings and we need to get them all onto the normal rate to avoid reading confusion.
Old 4th Nov 2017, 11:18 am   #2
kellys_eye
Octode

Default Re: Electricity meter reset and rate changes.

Don't they all increment at the 1kWhr rate anyway? Surely the reading is the same across the range and all that differs is the "charge per..." that is made?
Old 4th Nov 2017, 12:11 pm   #3
broadgage
Nonode

Most modern meters have several different "registers" in order to record consumption at different times of the day or week and thus facilitate billing for those units at different rates.
However every meter that I have seen also has a "total KWH" register that is easy to read as it is often the only reading needed.
Old 4th Nov 2017, 1:07 pm   #4
Boater Sam
Banned

Correct, but these are used, they have spurious readings for different rates that flash up in sequence. There seems to be 3 rates and the total on some but not all. As only the peak rate or total would ever be what we need, there is confusion sometimes when they are read. I need to get rid of the others or reset them all to zero so it is obvious which we need to read. It must be possible to set these to only one charge rate as a couple are so set with no other rates recorded.
Old 4th Nov 2017, 6:16 pm   #5
hannahs radios
Hexode

I would suggest you go to watthourmeters forum there you can post your question and someone who is an expert in these things will tell you for sure just type it in Google and it should find it ok??
Old 10th Dec 2017, 2:44 am   #6
Boater Sam
Banned

Thanks, found that site but it appears to be solely US meters.
These LANDIS & GYR meters are accessed by a MAP optical reader from USB port on a computer.
I have no experience with this system, any help?
Old 10th Dec 2017, 5:43 pm   #7
OscarFoxtrot
Heptode

Reading is fairly straightforward, but according to the wikipedia article on IEC62056 changing certain settings requires a cryptographic password to sign in to the meter.
Old 10th Dec 2017, 7:34 pm   #8
hannahs radios
Hexode

Sorry I cant help with the USB map thing I can just about get onto a few websites anything else computer wise is beyond me!!
Closed Thread