UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Jun 2008, 7:29 am   #1
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Television comes to the Midlands

Forum members may be interested in a little expedition that happened on Monday.

http://www.405-line.tv/phpBB3/viewto...t=400&start=45

Warning: If you click on this link you may be horrified to see photos that include Sean (M1ECY), Ray Cooper and myself.

Not sure which of the TV sections this belongs in so mods please feel free to move it.
Old 26th Jun 2008, 8:07 am   #2
Courtney Louise
Octode

Default Re: Television comes to the Midlands

Its remarkable to see that most of the items in those pictures I recognise from the days of the Science Museum in Newhall Street in Birmingham. The Austin Atlantic especialy and also the Wire Band Recorder. The Wire Band recorder used to be upstairs next to the aircraft section entrace and the vintage speaker display.

Andi
Old 27th Jun 2008, 11:55 am   #3
mhennessy
Dekatron

Quite by chance, I popped into a room where we store our old books and fundamentals training kit and discovered a group of visitors excitedly going through the bookshelves. I did wonder if they might be natives to this forum, but as I was in the middle of training, I couldn't hang around to introduce myself... Apologies for this, but I'm glad that Andy and Paul looked after you. Also glad that you discovered The Fleece

For future reference, Andy is often very busy and hard to track down, so please feel free to use me as a alternative contact...

And you should have seen that transmitter hut before the WEEE skip and CRT disposal "man in a van" arrived
Old 27th Jun 2008, 12:23 pm   #4
Ray Cooper
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
...The Wire Band recorder used to be upstairs next to the aircraft section entrace...
...and on the other side of the gangway were the CG1 transmitter, and a CO6/501 analogue standards converter. For a few years, anyway.

Quote:
...you should have seen that transmitter hut before the WEEE skip and CRT disposal "man in a van" arrived...
I only wish we had. Yet again, too late, curses, curses...
Old 27th Jun 2008, 10:45 pm   #5
ianj
Heptode

Dont they have television in the Midlands, then...................?? (!) ianj
Old 27th Jun 2008, 11:01 pm   #6
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Ah, well, we look forward to another visit (well, I do) when Andy decjdes to donate that great looking MF transmitter to me.....

Seriously though, what a wonderful place to nose around!

Sean